TOEFL is an international level entrance exam conducted for testing proficiency of candidates in English language, for acquiring higher education at the university level. The test is conducted in two modes - Internet Based Test (IBT) and Paper Based Test (PBT). Before appearing for TOEFL PBT, you should make sure that you have kept all the required documents with you. These may include registration confirmation and acceptable and valid identification documents. Apart from that, you have to manage your time. The first thing you should do is reach minimum 30 minutes before the test time, because if you are late, you may not get in, which can cost your test fee. In this article, you will find various tips about what to bring on the TOEFL PBT Test day.
Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test Day Tips
- You have to bring the documents given below, to appear for TOEFL PBT test:
- You must have valid identification (ID) document mentioning your name, signature and photograph. It is important that you mention same name as you had used while registration.
- You should have your signed Photo File Record along with a recent recognizable photo.
- The admission ticket with your registration number and the codes of the institutes, which you select as score recipients, is one of the essentials.
- You should have 3 or 4 HB pencils and an eraser. Mechanical pencils are not allowed for use.
- At the test center, your ID would be verified by your thumb impression, comparison of signature, photographing/videotaping and other forms of electronic ID confirmation.
TOEFL PBT Test Day Tips
You can follow the test day tips given below before the test, during the test and after the test.
Before the Test
- Try to reach 30 minutes before the test time.
- At the test center, your photo will be taken and placed at your assigned seat, which also appears on your score report.
- You will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- You are allowed to bring only Identification documents in the testing room.
- Test administrator will assign your seat in the room.
- You are not allowed to make any schedule changes at the test center.
- For security reasons, testing premises may be videotaped.
During the Test
- You are not allowed to continue beyond the time limit i.e. 3½ hours of the test and 30 minutes of TWE.
- You are allowed to take 10-minute break in the middle of the test.
- You have to concentrate on your speed for each section. Computer is the only official timekeeper in the test.
- You can raise your hand if you need something in the test room.
- During the breaks, cell phones and other devices are not allowed. They are not allowed even during the test.
- You will be provided scrap paper, which must be returned at the end of the test.
After the Test
- Your test scores will be sent to you within five weeks of your test date.
- Your test scores are also mailed to the universities or institutions, which you have selected during the registration.
- If you are not satisfied with your test scores, you can take the test again to improve your test scores.