TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is one of the most popular tests for English language, accepted in many universities and colleges all over the world. The test is conducted in two modes - Internet Based Test (IBT) and Paper Based Test (PBT). There is a certain registration procedure for TOEFL IBT test, which must be followed systematically. If a candidate wants to change or cancel his registration, he has to inform the authority three days prior to the test. While rescheduling or cancelling the registration, the candidate has to pay a fee of US$60, which must be paid before rescheduling. There are certain methods to change or cancel registration and also for the refunds, which are explained in the following lines.
Methods for Canceling or Changing TOEFL IBT Test Registration
There are two methods of canceling or changing registration for Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL IBT).
- Online: While canceling or rescheduling registration online, you should log on to your TOEFL IBT profile in the official website of the entrance test. Thereafter, click “View Order” on the home page and then click “Modify” of “Cancel” on the order summary page.
- By phone: If you want to change or cancel registration for TOEFL IBT, you must provide registration number and full name, which were used at the time of registration. In the U.S., U.S. Territories or Canada, you can call 1-443-751-4862 or 1-800-468-6335. For all other locations, contact your Regional Registration Center.
While canceling or changing registration for TOEFL IBT test within the three-day deadline, the candidates will be refunded half of the original test fee that they had already paid. There will be no refund for other services. The refunds are only given in US dollars, including tax. There is no provision of cash refunds. The instructions for refunds are given in following lines.
- If the candidate has paid the fee by credit/debit card or e-check, then refund will be credited to the original credit/debit card or bank account that he/she has used to pay.
- For the registration vouchers, refunds will be managed by the TOEFL IBT Test Resource Centre, where they were purchased.
- For registration through personal check drawn on a U.S. domestic bank, refunds will take eight weeks for processing. For outside U.S., it will take 12 weeks to process.
- In the condition where proper registration procedures are not followed, the refunds will not be provided to the related candidate.
- Those who have not provided required identification documents at the test centre are not entitled to receive refunds.