Test of English as a Foreign Language, which is popularly known as TOEFL, is a widely accepted test for English Language in many educational institutions all over the world. The entrance exam is conducted in two modes - Internet Based Test or TOEFL IBT and Paper Based Test or TOEFL PBT. For TOEFL PBT, there are certain policies applied in the test center, which every candidate is expected to follow. Moreover, any kind of violation of these instructions can result in cancellation of the test and cost test fee too. The article will explain you TOEFL PBT Test center policies.
Test Center Policies for Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test
- Any kind of suspicious behavior that causes disturbance will not be tolerated. If you find such kind of suspicious behavior, you can report it by calling: 1-800-353-8570 (U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada) 1-609-406-5430 (all other locations).
- You can also fax the report, to 1-609-406-9709, or E-mail: TSReturns@ets.org
Dismissal from a Test Center
- Candidates would be dismissed from TOEFL PBT test center, in case of the following conditions:
- Improper behavior during the test like taking the test from someone, failing to provide valid identification documents etc.
- Improper use of materials or devices like mechanical pencils, pens, pagers, calculators, books, notes etc.
Reschedule TOEFL PBT Test
TOEFL PBT can be rescheduled for the following reasons:
- If you are unable to reach the test center on time, due to weather conditions or other circumstances beyond your control, you may request delayed start or reschedule the test.
- If your test session is canceled or becomes impossible to report your scores, you are allowed to take the test again for free or you may receive a full refund.
- You can request to TOEFL Services for reimbursement of travel expenses for yourself, only within 30 days of your original test date.
- Refunds are only being provided in U.S. dollars.