TOEFL Test is an internationally acclaimed entrance exam for examining the proficiency level of candidates in English language. It is conducted in two modes - Internet Based Test or TOEFL IBT and Paper Based Test or TOEFL PBT. Your TOEFL PBT test fee includes one score report for you and up to four official score reports sent by ETS directly to universities, agencies or other institutions, which you have selected. Your score reports will be mailed to you approximately five weeks after your test date. TOEFL PBT Test scores are valid for two years. It is necessary to have a clear idea about how to gain scores in the test and the procedures after getting and sending the TOEFL PBT test scores.
How the Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test is scored
Understanding TOEFL PBT Test Score
- You will receive a score on each section and a total score for the each section.
- There is no passing or failing score.
- Some of the questions in the TOEFL PBT test may not be counted towards the section or total scores.
- Your each correct answer counts equally toward the score for that section.
- The test score is reported on a scale that ranges from 310-677.
- The test scores ranges for each section is given below:
- Listening Comprehension - 31 to 68
- Structure/Written Expression - 31 to 68
- Reading Comprehension - 31 to 67
- For TWE (Test of Written English) Scores, the scale measures from 1 to 6 and printed in a separate box on the TOEFL score report, not added to the TOEFL score.
Getting TOEFL PBT Test Scores
- You can get your score by mail approximately five weeks after you take the test. You will receive your test score report from ETS and up to four official score reports for the institutions or agencies, which you had selected on test day. The process will take 7-10 days for delivery in the U.S.
- You can also receive your test scores by phone. You have to pay US$10 as a fee and you will receive your scores on Saturday before the day they are mailed from ETS. You can call seven days a week between 6 am - 10 pm. For getting test scores by phone, you will require:
- Seven-digit registration number
- A touch-tone phone
- Test date
- Your date of birth
Sending TOEFL PBT Test Scores
Your TOEFL PBT Test scores will send to you and the institutions, which you are selected, around five weeks after the test date. You can request to send additional score reports by phone or mail.
To request for receiving your test scores by phone, you have to follow these steps:
- Call to 1-609-771-7267 on a touch-tone phone (for TTY - 1-609-771-7714).
- Then you have to pay US$17 for each report and a single US$12 service charge by credit card or debit card.
- You have to provide your date of birth, test date and seven-digit registration number.
- You are required to supply a four-digit TOEFL Destinations Directory Code and two-digit Department Code for each score report.
- Wait for confirmation and once it has done reports are mailed four business days after your request.
Your test scores are also sending to you by mail. The steps are given below:
- You must obtain print out a copy of the TOEFL PBT and TSE Official Score Report Request Form.
- After completing the form, mail it along with your request and payment.
- For each institution, you will require a code number.
- You have to pay fee of US$17 for each report.
- Reports are mailed to you within two weeks after receipt of your request form and payment.