To get an actual idea of TOEFL IBT test, you can practice sample question papers of the entrance exam. They can certainly help you to understand the test’s format as well as the types of questions generally asked in the test. By practicing sample question papers, you can improve your thinking and writing speed that would certainly help you in doing well in the test. You can practice sample question papers for TOEFL IBT Test, either from the official website of ETS or from other websites.
TOEFL IBT Test Preparation Tips
- Probably the best way to prepare for the test is to use English language every day. Set a timetable each day to communicate only in English and use every moment of listening, reading, speaking and writing in English.
- Try to write in English as much as possible. For example, send e-mails, write an article on any topic that you are interested by using new words and common expressions. This will help you in improving your sentence structure skill and vocabulary.
- Listening anything in English can provide good preparation for TOEFL IBT test. You can listen to music, online broadcasts, radio, TV and movies in English. Try to listen to words more closely to understand vocabulary and expressions.
- If you want to improve your vocabulary, then reading is perhaps the best option to prepare for TOEFL Test. You can use various reading materials that include newspapers, magazines, books and even informative websites.
- Try as much as possible to use a Standard English language (QWERTY) computer keyboard. It will help you to increase typing speed and get familiar with the keys and layout.
- Try to speak loudly and clearly with proper pronunciation and intonation. Speaking in group discussion will help to come out with new ideas. Also, add emotion and feeling to what you are saying.
- Another good mode of preparation is to keep a journal handy. You can write down things that you are doing, such as your preparations for any event in daily life. This can help you in organizing different thoughts and practice writing in English.