The answers of Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL IBT Test) are evaluated very carefully. The marking process of the entrance exam is almost error free. The test has certain scoring services as well as policies on which the candidates’ TOEFL IBT test answers are checked. Candidates are advised to have the knowledge of these services and policies. Go through the following lines to know all about TOEFL IBT Test scores’ services and policies.
Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test Scoring Policies
The TOEFL IBT Test scoring services include three conditions - cancel your scores, reinstate your scores and rescore your test.
Cancel TOEFL IBT Score
- You can cancel your score after you finish taking the test.
- No fee will be taken for cancelling the scores.
- Once you have cancelled your scores, they will not be added to your permanent record.
- After cancelling the scores, they will not be reported to you or any institutions.
- You cannot cancel your scores for only one section.
- Your test fee will not be refunded.
Reinstating TOEFL IBT Score
- Reinstating the scores will only be applicable when ETS receives your request not more than 10 days after your test date.
- For reinstating the scores, you have to contact TOEFL Services.
- While contacting, you have to give accurate information regarding your name, date of birth, day, time, phone number and registration number.
- The fee for reinstating the scores is US$ 20.
- The reinstated scores are reported online about three weeks after your request is received.
Rescoring TOEFL IBT Test
- Rescoring the test is only applicable in writing and speaking section up to three months after you take the test.
- You are allowed only once for rescoring the test.
- You should request for rescoring both the sections, at the same time.
- The revised score report will be provided to you and previously designated score receiver.
- Your revised scores will be your official scores.
- Rescoring both the sections will cost you US$120 with US$60 each.
The scoring policies of TOEFL IBT Test are mentioned in the following lines.
- TOEFL IBT Test scores are not released before the permission of the examinee. It applies right to privacy of the test takers.
- Each question of TOEFL IBT Test is reviewed by several members of ETS staff, which consists of language specialists. They ensure high quality of the test content. You have to request for test question enquiry with the test name, test section, test date, name of the test center and the number of test item being questioned.
- The TOEFL IBT Test scores can be cancelled on particular conditions, under the rules and regulations of ETS.
- In case of problem with giving the test, ETS may decline to score the test or may cancel the test score.
- If there is any difference in a test taker's identification, the test taker shall be dismissed from the test center.
- Any kind of misconduct will not be tolerated. Moreover, the guilty test taker might get suspended due to misconduct.
- ETS may cancel the scores if it findsany kind of plagiarism from the candidate.
- ETS may cancel the scores if it findsinvalid for any reason. To stop getting the test score cancelled, the candidate should come up with substantial evidence.