TOEFL Test, which is also known as Test of English as a Foreign Language Test, is regarded as the most important test for English language, at the international level. ETS is aimed at maintaining TOEFL Test’s importance in the world. Therefore, it has regularized certain policies regarding the test center, which every candidate is required to follow. The test is conducted in two modes – Internet Based Test (IBT) and Paper Based Test (PBT). Go through the following lines to know more about TOEFL IBT Test center policies.
Test Center Policies for Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test
Reporting Suspicious Behavior
If a candidate is reported with suspicious behavior or cause a disturbance, he/she will be entitled for dismissal from test centers.
The contact numbers for such kind of action is:
Phone: 1-800-353-8570 (U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada)
1-609-406-5430 (all other locations).
Dismissal from Test Centers
- ETS can dismissal any candidate from test centers, if he/she is:
- Failing to provide required valid identification.
- Taking the test for someone else or having someone take the test for the registered candidate.
- Using or having telephone or cell phone during the test duration or breaks.
- Using notes, watch calculators, translators, pagers, pens, books, headphones, dictionaries, watch alarms etc.
Reschedule TOEFL IBT Test
- If you unable to appear for the test due to weather conditions or some other circumstances beyond your control, then you can call for rescheduling the test.
- You can take the test again for free or receive a full refund, if your test session is canceled or impossible to report your scores.
- You can also call for reimbursement of travel expenses for yourself only within 30 days of your original test date. The refunds are only available in U.S. dollars.
- While requesting for rescheduling the test, you have to contact TOEFL Services by providing your name, date of birth, mailing address, and registration number, a description of problem, e-mail address and daytime telephone number.