TOEFL is an internationally accepted entrance exam for testing the English language skills of the candidates, who want to pursue higher education at the university level in countries including US, UK and Canada. The entrance is conducted in two formats - Paper Based Test or PBT and Internet Based Test or IBT. To appear for TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test), one must follow certain registration procedure. In case, a candidate wants to change or cancel his registration, he has to go through prescribed methods of changing or canceling registration. Same applies to refund also. In the following lines, you will know about the regulations applicable for cancel/change registration of TOEFL PBT test.
How to Cancel Registration for Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper Based Test
- Candidates should know that after mailing in their registration forms, they cannot cancel their registration or reschedule test date.
- Candidates can apply for a partial refund i.e. half of the registration fee, if they don’t appear for the test and have not applied for another test date.
- To request a refund, candidates have to fill the Refund Request Form and send it with their admission ticket within 60 days of their test date to the following address:
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
- Candidates can not receive cash refunds, because refunds are only made in U.S. dollars.
- Refunds through Credit/Debit Card or E-Check will be credited back to the original credit card account.
- If payment is made through personal check drawn on a U.S. bank, the process for refund will take place within eight weeks. It will take 12 weeks for processing in cases other than this.