Test of English as a Foreign Language, popularly known as TOEFL, evaluates the ability of the candidates to use and understand English language in academics, in order to pursue higher education at the university level. The test is conducted in numerous test centers across many countries in the world. Qualifying marks in TOEFL exam is demanded by almost all the Universities and colleges in the United States. TOEFL test is administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS). TOEFL test is conducted in two modes - Internet Based Test (IBT) and Paper Based Test (PBT). Go through the following lines and check out comprehensive information on the Internet Based Test (IBT) format of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL IBT)
The structure and test content of the Internet Based Test (IBT) format of TOEFL is slightly different from the Paper Based Test format of TOEFL. The main features of TOEFL IBT Test are given in following lines.
- TOEFL IBT is divided into four sections - Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking.
- It is generally conducted to examine the candidate’s skills in reading passages, listening lectures and involvement during the conversation, completing speaking tasks and writing task.
- To appear for TOEFL IBT, you have to register yourself by following a certain procedure, step-by-step. You can register through online/phone/mail/in person.
- Preparation for TOEFL IBT can be done by solving sample question papers and reading relevant books.
- TOEFL IBT Test scores vary from one institution to another. The candidates have to keep in touch with their preferred institutes, regarding the test score.