International English Language Testing System, also known as IELTS, is world's renowned test, conducted to check the English proficiency of the candidates who want to seek employment or pursue higher education in English speaking country. Candidates must prepare well before appearing for the test, since it is highly competitive. Thorough preparation allows a candidate to crack the test with ease. This article will provide the important tips and strategies for preparing for the IELTS.
Tips to Prepare For International English Language Testing System
- Firstly, candidates must download the free of cost ‘Information for Candidates’ Booklet from the official website of the entrance exam: http://www.ielts.org. The information booklet provides an explanation of the test, which would help a candidate to understand the test format and prepare well for IELTS.
- IELTS has official practice material for preparing for the test. There are two volumes of the practice material.
- Volume I of IELTS practice material is available with a CD, while Volume II of IELTS practice material comes with a DVD.
- Both Volumes offer samples of all the four sections of the exam i.e. Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
- The CD in Volume I provides samples of the Listening test, whereas the DVD in Volume II shows candidates taking the Speaking test.
- Candidates can order the IELTS practice material either online from IELTS in Australia or in the United Kingdom (UK).
- Candidates can also obtain the practice material from their local test centre.
- Some of the local test centers organize workshops to prepare students for the test. Candidates can enquire about the same in their local test centers.