Explore the article and know about the registration procedure for LSAT (Law School Admission Test).
Law School Admission Council (LSAC), which is a non-profit organization in the U.S., conducts Law School Admission Test or LSAT, to examine the applicants’ reading and verbal reasoning skills in order to get admission in various law schools in US and Canada. The test is conducted four times in a year, at various test centers spread across the world. Almost all the American Bar Association‘s (ABA) approved law colleges accept the candidates’ LSAT score at the time of their admission.
In order to appear for LSAT test, you have to register yourself either through mail or phone or online, as early as possible. This is for dual purposes - to avoid any late fee and to make your choice of test center. After completing the registration form, it will be sent to Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS). Once your registration is finished, you will receive a confirmation email, on which you have to click. It is imperative for you to take LSAT testing guide (available in the official website of the LSAT), to avoid any kind of mistake while registering yourself for LSAT.
At the time of registration, you have to pay US$136 as a fee to apply for LSAT test. You can make payment through cheque and money orders or through credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover credit cards). Fee can not be accepted through cash or foreign currency. Candidates can also call for refund, but it is only available in half of LSAT fee. Your refund will take six weeks to process and it’s applicable on every aspect of registration.
Law School Admission Council (LSAC) has facilitated accommodations for disabled candidates. In order to get benefit from disability accommodations, one has to attain an Accommodations Request Packet, which contains the required form. It is very crucial for disabled persons to submit all the forms along with required documents within the deadline. Once their request for disability accommodations is accepted, LSAC makes arrangements for the LSAT test centers and send it to the test supervisor.
Registration Procedure for Law School Admission Test
- It is very crucial to register yourself at least six weeks before LSAT test. It can help you in two ways - first, you can avoid late fee and second, you can make your first choice of the test center as per your convenience.
- You can register yourself to appear for LSAT test by mail / online / phone.
- You have to fill all the required information in the given registration form.
- Once you have completed your registration, your details would be collected and sent to Law School Data Assembly Service (LSDAS).
- You will receive a confirmation email from LSDAS, which you have to click on to register yourself for LSAT test.
- You can take LSAT Testing Guide from the official website of the test, in order to avoid any kind of mistake during the registration.